Saturday, June 25, 2011

And now for the Veggie Report ...

My veggies are coming along nicely.  We've had a good mix of rain and sunshine over the past few weeks.

I went a little crazy with my tomato purchases this year.  I have no idea what I was doing but I ended up with way too many tomato plants.  I have 17 planted and I sent 5 home with my Auntie Mary this morning. I know I have Lemon Boys and Sweet Millions, but there are at least two other varieties out there.  Will make a note the next time I go out (it's currently raining).



In addition to my usual bed of tomatoes, I stuck a row down the centre of this bed as well.  Those are beets on the sides.


National Pickling cucumbers.


Patty Pan squash (also known as Sunburst or scallop squash).


Kentucky Wonder pole beans and zucchini.  I have two beds planted like this - one with Gold Rush zucchini and one with black zucchini.

No comments: