Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Idyllic Scents and Colours

My yard smells beautiful this year.  The lilacs are really pumping out the scent, and the frequent rains keep everything fresh.  My peonies are adding beautiful colour as well.

I don't think I've posted a photo of my lilac tree before.  I think it may need to be pruned?  I don't know anything about lilacs - my parents planted it.



I got this peony plant at Canadian Tire a couple years ago.  I am not sure of the variety.


An iris, planted by my mom.  My Auntie Mary says my mom was really frustrated that her irises never came up or bloomed.  Well, they do now mama :-)  (There may actually be an upside to not being as obsessive about weeding as you were!)


And these peonies were planted by my mom as well:



Gardens are a LOT of work, but certainly worth it.  Don't you agree?

No comments: