Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspiration Station


Friends, I have a problem.  I have no idea what to do with this area of the yard.  It's rather large - I'm going to guess about 12' wide x 20' deep?  Some of the plants in this area were established by Mom.  When she was alive, there was a large strawberry patch in the foreground.  The summer she was sick, one of my aunts and her daughter-in-law came and took a lot of the strawberry plants (I am sure that was done with my mom's blessing, but it left a large hole in the garden).  There were a few stragglers left, and I gave them to friends the next summer.  I'm not sure strawberries would have done well with Gabe and Archie tromping through them anyway.

Since then, it's basically just a weed haven.  I have no landscape designer abilities whatsoever.  I really don't need more growing space.  I was thinking of making cement blocks and putting them down here.  I envision weeds still growing between the blocks, and it's not a vision I'm keen to see to fruition.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

No comments: