Friday, July 31, 2009

Fertilizer Friday ~ Flaunt your Flowers!

It's Fertilizer Friday, folks - time to fertilizer our plants indoors and out, and post pictures of what's growing in our little corner of the world today. This meme is hosted by Tootsie Time - make sure you stop by to link in, or to find links to other participants.

I still have a lot going on in my garden - too much, actually, in the case of weeds! Most of what I'm going to share today has already been "featured" on past Fertilizer Fridays, but, hey, if it's all still growing and blooming. So without further ado, a selection of snapdragons:





I just love this colour combo - I haven't seen a snapdragon with it before.


Borage


A shot of my herb bed - it is really flourishing. I hope the trellis will continue to fill in with scarlet runner beans, but they are already blooming, as you can see in the next photo.




A sort of panorama shot of my veggie beds


Kentucky wonder pole beans working their way up the trellis. Not too many blooms or baby beans yet.


And, my first zucchini of pickable size.


I'm off to Tootsie's to check out the other gardens. Thanks for visiting today!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Your gardens are looking fantastic. My scarlet runner beans have started to develop. Your herb bed looks wonderful.

siteseer said...

One of these years I'm going to do a vegetable garden again. I do have tomatoes in the topsy turvy this year that are doing well. Seeing your snapdragons, I've got another plant to add to my garden. It's on my list.

Tootsie said...

your veggies look fabulous!!! I am a fan of the snap dragon blooms!!! Every now and then we get some that have such pretty color combos on them that You just want to sit and wait for more! Thanks for joining in!!! It is always nice to see what everyone else has blooming in their areas!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

The Snapdragons are so pretty, that's one annual I always plant. Your herb and veggie beds look great, so healthy and overflowing!

Teresa~Gardening with Soule said...

Your gardens are just beautiful. snapdragons are one of my favorites and you have some real beauties. Your vegetable gardens look so organized and like they are flourishing. Thanks for the tour.

Jessica said...

Beautiful snaps! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tootsie said...

your gardens are looking very bountiful! Those snaps are wonderful aren't they? I love how they color up so unique to each one. Thanks for linking in today...flaunt whatever when ever...there is never an unwelcome bloom!
after all...the amen in a garden is always a flower!

Lona said...

Jacki, your vegetable garden looks so wonderful. I love fresh grown green beans.
The two toned snapdragon is just the prettiest thing! New one to my eyes.Thanks for dropping by my blog. I am with you this has been the craziest summer everywhere. It was so cool here in July I did not think my tomatoes would ever ripen. Have a wonderful weekend.